The estate’s activity consists of calf and pig rearing, hunting sports and cork extraction, but we offer many additional activities:
- Rutting season*: listening to the deer at this time of year is a marvel, deer-watching and listening to the deer can be done from the house itself.
- Picking mushrooms* which can then be cooked
- Many of these activities can only be organized at specific times of the year.
Tourism and gastronomy visits
- Aracena with its old town. Visits to the Sierra small towns, and to the Gruta de las Maravillas (Cave of Wonders).
- Peña de Arias Montano [Arias Montano Crag] offers an impressive panoramic view of the Sierra.
- Riotinto Mines.
- Cortegana and its Castle enlarged by the King Sancho IV the Brave.
- Jabugo and its famous Iberian ham drying rooms.
- Costa de la luz beaches: just 2 hours and 15 minutes away from the house you can find the white sand beaches of Huelva, surrounded by pines and sand dunes, where you can enjoy water sports.
- Portugal and its gastronomy are nearby. Huerta Barba is one hour’s drive to the Alqueva reservoir, the largest in Western Europe. There are 1160 km of coastline, along which boat trips, fishing and canoeing can be enjoyed…. And it is 2 h30 minutes’ drive to beautiful Portuguese beaches, perfect for water sports such as surfing and kitesurfing